If you managed to prepare the cupcakes explained in yesterday’s recipe, then this is just a piece of cake (literally) for you. In fact, I think even inexperienced me can pull this off – this is your average cupcake with a jack-o-lantern decoration. Either make your own basic cupcake or else use simple store-bought ones.
Today’s dessert: Jack-O-Lantern cupcakes
Total prep time: 3o mins
- 1 dozen store-bought, un-iced cupcakes (pumpkin if they have seasonal flavors)
- 1 can darkchocolate frosting
- 1 box prepared orange fondant
Special equipment/ decor:
- Rolling pin
- 2-inch round cutter (or one that is same diameter as the tops of the cupcakes)
- Small shaped cutters and/or large pastry tips
Frost all of the cupcakes with a smooth even layer of the chocolate frosting. Wipe off the spatula frequently, and dip it in warm water, if necessary, to get the frosting as smooth as possible.
Roll out the orange fondant to quarter-inch thickness. Using a round biscuit cutter, cut out 12 rounds from the fondant. Using small cutters, cut a jack-o-lantern face of your design in each round. Lay the rounds on top of the cupcakes. Arrange the cupcakes on a serving a platter and serve.
What do you think?
Coming up tomorrow: Good ‘Ol Monster cupcakes